Here are a few more ways individuals and organizations can be involved with the implementation of Age-Friendly DC.
- Apply to be an Age-Friendly Business.
- Invite an Age-Friendly DC staff member, Task Force member, or volunteer to speak to your organization about what the initiative is and how you can get involved.
- Join your neighborhood village. Go to the Washington Area Villages Exchange's website to see if your neighborhood already has a village. If it doesn't, approach your neighbors and community based organizations about forming one.
- Volunteering is a terrific way to use your skills and meet new people. Find the opportunity that is right for you by going to NeighborGood, a free, online, DC-specific volunteer opportunity database and search engine.
- Connect with Age-Friendly DC staff by calling (202) 727-7973 or emailing [email protected].