DC residents are encouraged to promote the 2023 Age-Friendly DC strategic plan goals and strategies. Please read both the Mayor’s plan and the latest version of the Working Appendix. Contact us at (202) 727-7973 or [email protected] for more details.
Vision changes occur with age. Other advice for communicating in print with adults 50 and over apply to persons of any age. Use these best practices to convey your message[PDF].
You can also:
- Join us at Age-Friendly DC Task Force meeting. Please let us know if you are interested in attending the Age-Friendly DC Task Force meeting, Thursday, September 12, 10 am -12 pm.
- Sit in on Age-Friendly DC Task Force Committee meetings. The next series of fourteen domain committee meetings will be held at the Vida Senior Center 1030 Missouri Ave NE in July. Contact us at (202) 727-7973 or [email protected] for more details.
- Ask for an Age-Friendly DC presentation for any group. Contact us at (202) 727-7973 or email [email protected] to arrange a date and time.
- Encourage your favorite places to shop to become Age-Friendly Businesses.
- Join your neighborhood village. Go to the Washington Area Villages Exchange's website to see if your neighborhood already has a village. If it doesn't, approach your neighbors and community based organizations about forming one.
- Volunteer. It is a terrific way to use your skills and meet new people. Connect with Age-Friendly DC staff by calling (202) 727-7973 or emailing [email protected] if you want to brainstorm about volunteer opportunities.
Staying connected to Age-Friendly DC is easy: