DC residents are encouraged to promote the 2023 Age-Friendly DC strategic plan goals and strategies. Please read both the Mayor’s plan and the latest version of the Working Appendix. Contact us at (202) 727-7973 or [email protected] for more details.
Vision changes occur with age. Other advice for communicating in print with adults 50 and over apply to persons of any age. Use these best practices to convey your message[PDF].
You can also:
- Join us virtually for the Age-Friendly DC Task Force meeting, Tuesday, November 17th 1-3. The agenda will be posted by mid-October.
- Meanwhile, please help the Task Force get ready for that meeting by virtually attending one or more of the Age-Friendly DC Domain Committee meetings.
- Ask for a virtual Age-Friendly DC presentation for any group. Contact us at (202) 341-4149 or email [email protected] to arrange a date and time.
- Encourage your favorite places to shop to become Age-Friendly Businesses.
- Join your neighborhood village. Go to the Washington Area Villages Exchange's website to see if your neighborhood already has a village. If it doesn't, approach your neighbors and community based organizations about forming one.
- Volunteer. It is a terrific way to use your skills and meet new people. Connect with Age-Friendly DC staff by calling (202) 727-7973 or emailing [email protected] if you want to brainstorm about volunteer opportunities.
Staying connected to Age-Friendly DC is easy: